Failed to Open Descriptor File Uproject Problem - Solved !! Part 2

 Hello Everyone, Hope you all are doing good. Now I am going to tell you how to solve the Failed to open descriptor file problem again. Previously I already wrote a post about this, it can help you fix the problem for your game, try it first, you can read it here


Now, I have came up with this problem again. And this time it was a little different and my previous solution is unable to solve this problem. I was trying to play Rogue Company a few days ago. And I saw this problem failed to open descriptor file showed up again. But this time it has a message under the error, it was showing a file location that creating problem I guess, which is - RogueCompany/RogueCompany.uproject .



I was trying to run this game from Epic Games Library. And every time I tried, the game Rogue Company crashed without launching giving this descriptor file .uproject problem. The thing is , it acted weirdly when I tried to solve it with the previous methods I mentioned on the other post. I tried a lots of process, tried to uninstall and reinstall the game from the Epic Games Library, but the game was not functioning properly. The repair buttons, uninstall buttons was not working. It's like the game icon is in glitch. I was unable to uninstall the game. After trying for a long time, I found only a single solution.  Here is how to fix the failed to open descriptor file .uproject problem - 

** Find out the driver where the game is installed. 

** If you are unable to uninstall the game, then delete the installed files folder of the game directly from the drive where you installed it.

The Folder where Rogue Company is Installed in My PC


** In case you are using Epic Games Launcher, after deleting all the files, close the launcher and run it again(Restart the Launcher). You'll see the game is not going to be in the "installed library" section of Epic Games Launcher.

** Now, try to install the game again. A fresh installation of the game going to solve this problem for you. Well, it did for me. Pretty sure, it's going to work for you too.


When, the game shows this particular error, repairing the files of the game can solve this problem. But in my case, repairing option was not working properly, so I was unable to repair. It looked like Epic Games Launcher is causing the problem somehow. If you can repair your files from the launcher, then your problem is going to solve right away. If not, then you need to perform the above process to get rid off this error. 

This is a bit sad that you have to uninstall and install the game again. But this is the only solution I found for now. If there is another solution, will let you know.

Hope you find my this helpful. Thank You So Much for reading my blog.







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Update is Required to Continue Please Restart Fortnite Problem - Solved !!

Failed to Open Descriptor File Problem - Fortnite | Solved !!