Computer Shutting Down Automatically While Gaming Problem - Solved !

Okay, So from the past two months, I have been having this unusual problem. When I try to play games, or when I am in a chaotic position in a game, that means in close combat in Fortnite or Pubg and I need to move my mouse a little faster or so, the computer shuts off completely. Sometimes you face the problem you almost have no idea what is exactly happening and which part of the computer causing the problem.

So, as I love playing with my PC parts, I opened the case and cleaned everything in it and put it back. But after sometimes, the problem started again. I have a Logitech G300s mouse and sometimes I thought the mouse causing the problem. Cause whenever I moved it quickly, the computer shuts off. Then after trying the mouse on another computer, I found that the mouse is working properly but the problem is somewhere else. Next, my guess moved on to the power supply.

Well, most of the problems on the computer, especially when the computer gets turned off automatically, the basic reason for this problem is your power supply. A cheap or old power supply can give you the problems which are completely unexplainable. You may have trouble finding any solution on Google. But anyway, I knew my power supply is in good condition and it's a Corsair power supply with just only 1 year running. But still, I thought it is the problem. When I am using my computer normally the computer works pretty fine, watching movies or surfing the internet gives no problem. But only in the case of games, it gets shuts off.

So, I did check the power supply with another computer with a Gtx 1060, and it worked perfectly, without shutting down the PC. Then my thoughts turned on to GPU, RX 550 and I tested it on another computer and there is no problem too. At this point, I completely run out of Ideas. What part is exactly causing this problem? This was like a Detective movie you know, where the suspect is almost everyone.

Now, one day, I opened the case, cleaned everything again. Due to a lot of heat in summer, I have 2 extra cabinet fans, and also an inbuilt case fan, 15mm, installed in the PC. After putting back the GPU and CPU, I only attached the CPU cooling fan and disconnected all the other fans. Then I started the computer just to see what happens. Voila!! The computer started working properly. No matter how fast I play games or whatever I do, it stopped shutting off. Now everything working fine. After testing those 3 Fans, By putting them on another PC, I found that my CPU inbuilt case fan is causing the problem. Cause whenever I connect it, It runs smoothly but after sometimes, the computer shuts off. I haven't changed it yet. But as for now, the computer is working fine and running cool without that fan. Thank god it's just the fan in this case. Fans are much cheaper than other parts I guess.


So the basic things you need to check when your computer shut down automatically are -

1. POWER SUPPLY
2. GPU
3. CPU FANS
4. CASE FANS
5. ANY NEW HARDWARE YOU INSTALLED RECENTLY
6. MOST IMPORTANTLY - PATIENCE

MSI afterburner and SMART fans are some good software to monitor your PC and the temperature of the GPU and CPU. In the case of the RAM failure, it gives a beep sound most of the time. And also, if you are having a blue screen shut down, then loose hardware can cause this problem. Make sure everything is properly installed in the CPU.


There are also many reasons for which you might get this weird shutting down problems. A faulty hard drive is the worst one, cause you are not going to have any idea that your hard disk is failing. All those CHKDSK checks will do nothing. Even you are going to find that there are no bad sectors in your HDD. The only option you are going to have is - check every component of your PC on another PC just to make sure everything is fine. Believe me, I ran into a lot of problems, I'll mention everything so that you people don't freak out when facing the problem.

Hope this post helps you to deal with the problems you are facing. In any case, just leave a comment here if you want to discuss anything with me. Thanks if you read this post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Update is Required to Continue Please Restart Fortnite Problem - Solved !!

Failed to Open Descriptor File Uproject Problem - Solved !! Part 2

Failed to Open Descriptor File Problem - Fortnite | Solved !!