Copying Files Freezes Computer Problem - Solved !!

Hello Everyone, hope you are all doing okay. If you are having this problem, then I am sure you have already searched it and read a lot of posts about it. But all those fixes, check for bad sectors or stop program using alt-ctrl-dlt are just lame ideas honestly. 







I lost 2 of my hard drives. I have been called in many occasion to fix a PC and I tried those basic methods, each and every command and steps available in internet to find bad sectors. I have seen a lots of HDD die in front of my eyes, and those commands or any commands that checks whether your storage memory has bad sectors or not, never worked for me. Never. I tried and it showed me always 0 bad sectors. And then after few days the hard disk died completely.



You can always try the basics in case it detects the problem for you. Basics like - checking disc error from chkdsk command or SFC/Scannow etc. Sure its going to work for some. But for me, I am not into the basics anymore. Because losing the data hurts a lot. Trust me. If copying files causing freezes to your computer, then just be prepare to back up your data as soon as possible.

In case of external drives, that USB cable creates a lots of problem. Sometimes changing the USB cable can solve the problem. Or formatting the whole drive can fix the problem. But sometimes it can be serious. For the sake of your important data, we can not take any chances. You need to work quickly and back up all your important data.

First, you need to detect the problem properly. When you see copying files freezing the whole PC, try to use another external drive or any USB drive and check if copying files working on those drives. In case of external drives its kind of easy to detect. But what to do when it happens to your internal drive?

I have two internal drives, SSD and HDD. There was 3 partition of my HDD, I think it was D, E, and F. One day, I found out that - every time I try to copy files on the D drive I created, it freezes my computer. But when I copy items to other partitions, it works normal. I never realized that the HDD already giving me warning to back up your files. 

I kept using it like that and one day the whole PC stopped working. After I dethatched the HDD, the computer started working again. Tried my HDD in other computers too but sad, it didn't work anywhere. I lost 2 TB of data, all my life's work, I lost it in a moment. 

If copying files freezing a particular drive, whether it's C drive or D drive or E drive, then just take a closer look at it, don't ignore.

In case your device already stopped working, you can try the recovery tools or go to a recovery store and see if they can help. As of now, I am still holding the HDD, my PC still detecting the HDD somehow but when trying to work its not working.  Tried few recovery methods from the internet and nothing worked. If I recover it someday, I am going to write a post about it again. As of now, stay safe and be careful.

Thanks for reading my blog, have a nice day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Update is Required to Continue Please Restart Fortnite Problem - Solved !!

Failed to Open Descriptor File Uproject Problem - Solved !! Part 2

Failed to Open Descriptor File Problem - Fortnite | Solved !!