What Happens After You Become Twitch Affiliate | Let's Find Out

Hello everyone, welcome to my blog. It's been a long time since I posted something here. Recently I started gaming on Twitch, just wanted to see if I can do something over there or not. After one month of streaming, I ended up with an opinion, let me tell you the whole story.


So I got really excited when I got into the twitch affiliate program, felt like Jack from the movie Titanic screaming at the age of the ship - " I am the king of the world". I don't want to say any bad words but let me tell you straight, it means nothing. Absolutely nothing. Its just a mental satisfaction. Let me tell you this again, getting into twitch affiliate program means nothing. 

Now, don't come up with your strawberry world to me protesting my words by saying things like - "no you are wrong, you get affiliate you can start earning. People can donate you or can cheer you." Just stop okay. If you are asking this questions then you are a small creator, actually you are. Isn't that why you are reading this post? No, I don't mean to discourage you. You want some courage, keep reading.

At first, the things I said, it's all applicable to me. I thought the exact same thing. I thought becoming an affiliate on Twitch going to give me the opportunity to earn at least few dollars for sure. But no, I was wrong. The more I passed time, the more I learned about the platform.

Twitch is a platform where people go to watch gameplays. Can you imagine, 10 years ago it wasn't a thing, but its getting bigger and bigger these days. Everyone wants to become popular, want to be a gamer. Competition is huge. So many professional players are there already, so it's going to be really hard and it's going to take a lot of hard work to make a name on Twitch.

Getting into twitch affiliate program makes you feel good that's all. But, don't expect much from it. Just set the few things up and keep streaming. Keep working hard. Some options after becoming the affiliate might be useful. But you should not expect any earning. All you have to do is keep up the good work. In simple words, what happens after you become Twitch Affiliate Partner? It basically tells you now to start working 5x times more than you did to reach the affiliate program.


Twitch Affiliate Dashboard


Now setup your ads properly on Twitch. Twitch ads are not going to work like YouTube. You need at least 1000 viewers on your stream, yes you hard that right. At least 1000 live viewers on your stream to make something out of the ads. I am going to tell you more about the ads in another post.

Getting 50 followers or asking people to follow, it makes your channel looks good but the important thing is you need to find interesting people, who are interested in the game you are playing, or the content you creating. If not, those huge amount of dead followers isn't cool at all.

I am in the struggling mode now. Just started working in Twitch and doing streams for few months. In case you are reading this and feeling generous enough, you can follow me here

Thanks for reading my blog. Just follow the blog and I am going to write more about how its going for me on twitch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Update is Required to Continue Please Restart Fortnite Problem - Solved !!

Failed to Open Descriptor File Uproject Problem - Solved !! Part 2

Failed to Open Descriptor File Problem - Fortnite | Solved !!