GPU Temperature Going High or GPU Overheating Problem - Solved!

 There are certain things you can do to make your GPU run smoothly with great temperature. If you live in hot place like me where temperature is 43 or 44 degree Celsius or if your room gets way too hot, then it can be a serious threat for your PC too. You are going to see temperature of GPU and CPU going to hit 80 Degree C in no time. So are you having this problem with your newly built PC? Well, lets find the solution quickly.

I bought my RTX 3050 like 6 months ago and I was getting around 70 - 75 Degree C temp which is pretty common for me. I personally think after using 5-6 GPUs for my different PCs over the years, its acceptable temp. Anything under 80 is good to go for me. Now summer is here and room getting extremely hot and I dont have Air Condition in my room, so its like a boiling situation for both me and my PC. 

If you have Raedon GPUs like RX 6500 or RX 6600 or anything like that and if its not in proper control, temperature can really scare you. Some of the solutions I have found to keep your cabinet cool - 

* Install good quality branded fans and install them properly. Make the rear end one of the CPU work as an exhaust.

* Make sure you have a big CPU case so that the air flow is good. I accidentally ended up buying a small case and it kind of gave me some weird problems. The hot air kept circulating inside it making the GPU and CPU hotter.

* Change the default CPU cooler. Its better to install a better brand good quality fan on your CPU. You can invest as small as $30 which can lower the temp of your CPU a lot.

* Make sure the wires inside your CPU case are not scattered and blocking the path of the fans.

There are also so many other things you can do to make your PC run cooler. Simple thing is the more you invest, the more cool it can run. 

The most common solution I found if you have a mid range GPU or low mid range GPU like 3050 or rx 6500 or 6600 is capping the games to 60 FPS. Sometimes you can see the high demanding graphics game can run in ultra graphics on your PC. But after sometime, the temp of the GPU gets out of control. And when overheats, GPU throttle happens and game starts running slower. The GPU throttle technology is common for recent GPUs to protect themselves. If you cap the FPS to 60, you will see that the game is running properly as well as the temp are also not going to increase much. You can simply turn on the V-Sync option from your game graphics settings, which going to lock the FPS to 60 and your GPU won't have to take much pressure and going to run in normal temperature. Also try to use the recommended graphics settings. 

By doing this, my temp went down from 80 or above to 65-70 degree c while playing games like DBD, Resident Evil 4 Remake, Assassins Creed Unity etc. For single player story based games, 60 FPS is good enough to enjoy the game at fullest. 

If you are having heating issue, you can discus it on the comment section and we can try to solve it by discussing. Thanks for your time.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Update is Required to Continue Please Restart Fortnite Problem - Solved !!

Failed to Open Descriptor File Uproject Problem - Solved !! Part 2

Failed to Open Descriptor File Problem - Fortnite | Solved !!