Fortnite Easy Anti-Cheat Error - Unknown File Version Problem - Solved !!

 Hello Everyone, hope you all doing good. This is a weird problem I faced when I tried to play Fortnite 2 days ago. I started the game from Epic Games Launcher, the game started pretty well. But when I was in the game, jumped out from the battle bus, and in the mid air, this message appeared - Easy Anti-Cheat Error : Unknown File Version (FortniteGame\Content\Paks\pakchunk10_s15_windowsclient.utoc).




I restarted the game several times but it just kept happening when I was inside a match. It was really frustrating. So I found the solution for it today. 

I have Sapphire Pulse RX 550 4GB GDDR5 GPU. Raedon GPUs are good but the worst thing about Raedon is there new GPU updated drivers. Every single time you update your drivers to the latest one, you face a lots of problem in particular games. And this problem is happening from ages. I updated to the latest GPU driver 2 days ago, and when I tried to run the game, this problem occurred. The game said I am having problem with EasyAntiCheat. But I knew where the problem is. This is what I did- 


Uninstalled the newly Raedon GPU driver. After deleting all the driver files, I restarted the PC.

I went to the Radeon website, and found the previous version of the driver, Downloaded an old driver and installed it.

Then I tried to run the game and it showed me the same error again. So don't immediately run the game after updating to the old driver again. Just verify your game files first from the epic games library. Then run the game. And that's it.

After going back to the old driver, the game started working properly. I have already said in one of my previous post, never change your AMD drivers immediately when it launches. Just try it after a week or so, then it's going to be good. 

Thanks very much for reading my blog. Hope it helps. Enjoy Gaming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Update is Required to Continue Please Restart Fortnite Problem - Solved !!

Failed to Open Descriptor File Uproject Problem - Solved !! Part 2

Failed to Open Descriptor File Problem - Fortnite | Solved !!